Flash Template Help

medievalchic007

Hi,

I'm new to xml and flash, new to this forum so if I'm out of line please let me know. Or if you have seen these questions before and can point me to the answers let me know that too.

Here is my question. I will try to be as specific as possible (to my verbal ability).

We purchased a flash website template from flashmint dot com (2338)

I have some brief training of flash from college (in 2004) but so much has happened in the flash world since then.

We are using Flash CS4.

The template comes with the xml files, the exisiting file hierarchy and the swf and html files needed.

From what I understood - it took some knowledge, but to add a button to the bottom menu should not be that difficult.

I know the basic process.

I add the actual label in flash "label"

I give the label an name, action - in this case I want to send it to another page outside this template.

I make sure the label (button, menu item) has a spot on the same xml code as the other buttons.

and hypothetically... viola!~..

right.

So what am I missing?? I can not get a button, menu item or whatever - anything at all really.. added to this template if my life depended on it.

Help? Anyone? I'd be glad to give more information on or off this forum as needed. Any suggestions or comments are most welcome, please remember I'm new to the forum and my training is from 2004 so I am not up to date. (I quit web design in 2005 oddly.)

Thanks so much in advance.

Michele

• 2 weeks later...

OK,

So no one can help me?

I've gotten 90% of this figured out on my own, but I have one thing that is plagueing me. Try this one?

I have the buttons loaded. They function. They call the page properly. Now I want to call on a different page.

example: I copied about.xml

and I named it

about1.xml

I changed the flash to add the page

It also had a corresponding .as page. I did the same thing

But what am I missing?

I'm having an issue. Please? anyone?