Creating an online-learning platform ?

dika23

Hi everyone,

I'm a language teacher, which means no programming or coding skills, but eager to learn.

I've spent the past day or two learning on how to create a website, domains, hosting and all that and there are a lot of tutorials on how to use WordPress and plug-ins like the Elementor which is quite easy to use and doesn't require much coding knowledge. Most of them focus on how to make stuff pretty and I got that part.

What do I need to use to create a database, so that people can register and then they get assigned an educational package based on their choosing or a diagnostic test. My web-page won't be that much complicated regarding graphics, but I am going to use a lot of layers, and it would be great if a person could log-in and continue where he stopped, if the page tracked his results, etc. Could somebody point me in the right direction, which tools do I need to use? Are there any tools like WordPress for this type of programming?

• 4 weeks later...

WordPress is written using PHP as the scripting language. Just like WordPress, PHP is also an Open Source. PHP is a server side programming language. When a user requests a web page that contains PHP code, the code is processed by the PHP module installed on that web server.

• 2 years later...