Problems with different versions of Internet Explorer

tchoy

on my website - www.ohka.org/index-new.html

I installed internet explorer 8 and when I go to about ohka, our board page (about-board.html), the very bottom where it says webmaster does not line up correctly with everything else - do I need to set the margins there with another class?

Also in the media page, ohka journal (media-journal.html), the titles of the articles are overlapping each other.

On another pc, I have internet explorer 6 and on all the pages, except home, the text underneath the heading, left hand side does not show.

How do I fix these problems?

I had originally coded this using internet explorer 7. Anybody know how I can get internet explorer 7 back?

Internet Explorer 6, 7, and 8 are web browsers and you can view web pages with them, but you cannot code anything with IE. And even if you get get IE7 back, and the page looks ok for you with that browser, others could be viewing them with all kinds of different browsers and versions, and a website should look decent in ALL the current ones.

When I look at your code in code view, I see

Art Director

Betty Yeung

Web Master

Tina Choy

You're missing the

tags after the Web Master and the Tina Choy .

What is really weird here is when I looked at the code via Firebug and the Webdeveloper Bar - Misc - Edit HTML, those tags show up. Anybody have any clue as to how that happens?

Also -you're using

tags between your paragraphs.

tags are meant to be used for line breaks, but not to create space. Add padding or margins to your

tags via your CSS for that.

Internet Explorer 6, 7, and 8 are web browsers and you can view web pages with them, but you cannot code anything with IE. And even if you get get IE7 back, and the page looks ok for you with that browser, others could be viewing them with all kinds of different browsers and versions, and a website should look decent in ALL the current ones.

Art Director

Betty Yeung

Web Master

Tina Choy

You're missing the

Thanks, I did also see that after every title where I have strong it's missing the

tag.

I'm sorry, I did not mean code with IE 7, I coded it in microsoft front page and viewed my website via IE 7.

Art Director

Betty Yeung

Web Master

Tina Choy

You're missing the

Thanks, I did also see that after every title where I have strong it's missing the

tag.

I'm sorry, I did not mean code with IE 7, I coded it in microsoft front page and viewed my website via IE 7.

I added the

tag where it should, added classes so I don't have the

any longer, but in IE 8, the bottom two is still not aligned with the right column. In IE 7, it looks correct.

Any ideas how to correct?

I added the tag where it should, added classes so I don't have the

any longer...

That's not what's online.

If you view your page with Firefox and get the Webdeveloper toolbar, than view via "Outline - Block Level Elements" you'll see that your left column pushes into the right column and thus pushes over your text. However, it's shorter than the right colum and ends just before the Webmaster - so the webmaster isn't being pushed by the left column. Change your CSS

#col1 {
   float:left;
   width:150px;}
#col2 { float: left;
   width:150px;
   padding-bottom:25px;
}

You have several different problems going on here besides what Andrea told you

Tchoy wrote

In IE 8, in the media page, ohka journal (media-journal.html), the titles of the articles are overlapping each other.

This is because you have this code at the beginning of your CSS

* {margin: 0; padding: 0;}

This means that you will have to add margins and padding to anything that needs it as you have effectively removed the default margins and paddings of the different browsers.

So in your http://www.ohka.org/media-journal.html page

you have ul class="idTabs2" with no css styling, thus no margin and no padding

then your .idTabs2 li tags have only 5px of padding bottom. You will have to increase the padding to give these items the space which you previously removed.

Tchoy wrote

On another pc, I have internet explorer 6 and on all the pages, except home, the text underneath the heading, left hand side does not show.

You should have floated the left and right columns both left, next to each other respecting the width of the container. As it is the left div overlaps the right div and to compensate for this you have added negative margins. Also be aware that IE6 has a a bug which doubles margins on floated elements.

P.S. You still have not corrected the issue you were having with the menu,

http://www.killersites.com/forums/topic/2708/zooming-problem-with-main-menu/

for which Wickham and I both gave you a solution.