Access database search

Guest fraser5002

Guest fraser5002

Hi,

I have a database created through access which i am pretty familiar with. I want to write a web page that will be able to search this database and show matching results in a table on the web .

I have been looking all over the web for this and most mention doing it with .asp . Im not entirely familiar with this so im looking to see if anyone can me provide me with some sample coding to do this in my html page

Thanks

Fraser

ASP would be the way to do it if your hosting service has a Windows server. If it has a Linux server (preferred) then use MySQL database and PHP to show the data on a web page. Your page would have to have a .php extension, not .html

Import the Access data into the MySQL database and PHP could select data field(s) to show on a web page table. This shows a typical MySQL database and PHP code for a web page table

http://www.wickham43.net/formphptomysql.php

(ignore the form which is to enter data into the database, not to select data from it)

but the PHP search code will have to be provided by someone else.

The PHP code for the table can be coded to select one or more fields and ordered by one or more fields and set to start at a certain date or with a certain record ID.

Edited by Wickham