Colorbox

Domagoj

Hello,

i know that iwd tutorials are few years old but im going through them now and in build cms tutorial i can't get colorbox to work. When i press login nothing happens.

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php echo APP_RESOURCES;?>css/fp_style.css" media="screen"/>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-latest.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">$.noConflict();</script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo APP_RESOURCES;?>javascript/colorbox/colorbox.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<?php echo APP_RESOURCES;?>javascript/colorbox/colorbox.css" media="screen"/>

<script type="text/javascript">
	jQuery(document).ready(function($){
	$.colorbox({
		transition:'fade',
		initialWidth:'50px',
		initialHeight:'50px',
		scrolling:false,
		opacity:.6,
		href:'<?php echo SITE_PATH; ?>app/login.php'
	});
});
</script>

I don't get any errors just redirected to http://localhost/CMS/?Login

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Yes, the CMS course is one of the old ones that I keep wanting to retire, and people then complain when I remove it!

It is hard to debug visually because as you know, the smallest thing could be causing the error. Have you tried isolating elements of the code, step by step testing where things break?

That said, if you've finished the foundations courses, and followed my instructions for the project - just do the first few simple ones, I would say use a more modern CMS building tutorial online. There are probably many just on YouTube. 

But better yet, just jump into some contract work now ... learn as you earn!

Hope that helps!

Stef