Trying to add a png file to header or footer

questorfla

I have read every tutorial i could find but at best i end up with nothing but text .  AT worst, i get a solid black box and with a white square in middle.  I could probably do this in his in html but for specific reasons it has to be done with  php code.  It is a very simple site with a  header.php  file and a footer.php file And a folder named .img that contains the single logo.png file.

I know this is something i am just not stating correctly but i cannot figure out what I am missing  I can add all kinds if text to either the header or footer and it shows up fine.  Can be moved resized etc. Even change fonts

Perhaps if someone could show me the correct way to do something this simple in and example maybe I could figue it out?  The site has a styles.css file and I  tried to use that to add the png with no results.  And of course, the main index.php which i may need to modify also to achieve what is needed

Any examples appreciated but please point out to me things like where the png file would need to be in the folder path. Is there a maximum size for the png either in pixels or MB>

Everything ekes works fine i just need to add the one logo.  The page displays a single pdf file and nothing else.  This would be a snap using html but I'm Stuck with PHP CSS)  

As long as i can get the logo.png into the header and footer areas, i think i can figure out how to resize and maneuver it 

Please include sample code if possible so i dont make any errors trying to interpret your instructions     

Thanks

Edited by questorfla
spelling