Booted offa DW, need a new WYSIWYG

denno

Hello

I have used various levels of DW for as long as 25 years.  Old versions with valid reg numbers bought cheaply from eBay.  Recently had to reinstall Win 10, and when I reloaded DW 2004 it wouldn't allow me to connect to register/activate it. 
They told me, after a lengthy chat, that DW is now a subscription service and apparently I am no longer able to use the program I own.

My very few sites are very primitive, and my needs for an editor are quite simple.  I use tables for layout (DON'T YELL AT ME!) and assemble pages of pictures and words and links, with fonts and colors till it looks like a six-yr-old did it.  This suffices for me.  I've gotten quite handy on DW for the level I need to use it.

My wife dabbled with Expression Web for a time.  I could not help her with it.  Too much proprietary procedure and language.  I hated it.  Actually, I resented it.

Point is, is there a WYSIWYG program that can be used at a simple level, not any serious learning curve of proprietary whatsit; not bound to their own templates?  Can I start with a blank page and fill it in any way I want?   Best, very best, would be something in which I can just open my own pages from my own sites and continue to edit them.
Seems hard to tell any of this from the online descriptions.

For instance:  www.dennisdasaro.com

Gosh, I hope someone has a nice simple solution.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...