Missing HTML Code for Lessons 6.5 and 6.6

mgreer58

I've posted about this before, and, at the time, I realize that Stef was too busy to look into it.  But, I'm reviewing the material now, and find it a bit annoying.

The Beginners CSS 2015 course is missing the HTML code for Lessons 6.5 and 6.6.  

This is pretty important material, as it covers well the use of float, toClear, visibility and several other aspects of CSS coding necessary to bring a web page up to the modern standards.

I would hope, that this matter can be looked into, since not having the code to this material is denying a big chunk of the concepts necessary in designing web pages.

-Mike

Yeah, Stef, thanks.   I know what you mean.  But, I looked both before and after Sections 6.5 and 6.6.  

There is no html content (code) for Lesson 6.5.  In the video of the course, you show a web page, with and <h1> content of: Display: none, visibility and floats.

I just looked at all of the code for chapter 6.

Lesson 6.4, the <h1> content displays: "Display - block vs. inline".

No html code for Lesson 6.5.

Lessons 6.6, 6.7, and 6.8 the <h1> content displays: "Position: static - fixed -relative.

Lesson 6.9, again, no html code.

BTW, I'm enjoying your Introduction to Python course.  I thought it would be streaming content, as the Web Development course is, and, frankly, I was a little disappointed that it isn't, but, still, lots to learn.  But, where are the Quizzed, or, the Q & A?  I see others have asked about it.  

My email is mjgreer0514@gmail.com.

-Mike

Stef,

In reality.  Instead of whining about it, I should put my big boy pants on, and just write my own code to duplicate the web page you show for this lesson.  LOL!

I will do that later tonight, and share my code with you.  It'll be good for me.

After taking your course, reviewing it a few times, and even doing most of the w3schools tutorial, I should be more than adequately equipped.

-Mike

P.S.  It's even more embarrassing.  You display all of the code in your video.  All I have to do is type it up.  Ooph!

Edited by mgreer58
Realized it was a silly question.

Ok, then.

It took me half an hour to type, and two hours to debug.  Sound about right?

No, really, it took me three or four times, watching Beginner's CSS Tutorial, and pausing to look at the code in the video, to get this right.  And, I modified it a bit, to do what I consider, some improving touches, margins, etc.

In your code, displayed for this section in the video, you never end the <div id="fixed"> with a </div>, before you start the <div id="floater"> tag.  At first, I thought, maybe it is possible to contain one <div> within another?  It must be, because you finally, just before </body> have another </div> element.

Typing out this code, is something I should have done before.  Now, I feel, I really have a better handle on floats.

-Mike

P.S.  Something about the </div> at the very last, is still a bit wonky.  The "burger fries dogs cats" menu, at the last, are floated, so, presumably, they're still included in the <div id=floater> element.

ch6-lesson-5-visiblity_floats.html

Edited by mgreer58

14 hours ago, mgreer58 said:

Typing out this code, is something I should have done before.  Now, I feel, I really have a better handle on floats.

Ahh .. yes. Congratulations! In all honesty, understanding traditional CSS layouts with floats is one of the hardest things to master in many respects. 

• 1 month later...