Could you stop using the top 5 industry leader services?

LSW

This journalist got it in his head to do everything he can to avoid using any top 5 hardware, software or service for 1 month. Learn why and how it went for him.

Cybersecurity includes privacy as well. The top 5 industry leaders are that way mostly by questionable actions, tracking, selling your data, forcing you to use their services and many more dirty little tricks. We help millionaires and their corporations get richer while giving up our privacy for convenience.

So, article 1 is why he decided to do this and article 2 what he did and the final results he found. 2 is definitely and interesting read, but it is LONG. You may choose to scroll through to just sections you are interested in. So I ask you, do you think you could give up the top 5 services etc.?

1.  Why I'm Quitting Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Facebook, and Apple for a Month

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/mbxndq/one-month-without-big-five-microsoft-google-facebook-apple-amazon

Starting today, I am going to stop using any of the services offered by the so-called “Big Five” tech companies—Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Facebook, and Apple—for the next four weeks in order to better understand the real cost of total convenience. That means no more Android phone, Gmail, Google Maps, WhatsApp, Instagram, YouTube, two-day Prime delivery, computers running Windows, Facebook posts, or any of the myriad other services offered by the five giants of Silicon Valley.

It’s a cold turkey detox from the tech that runs the world.

2. How I Quit Apple, Microsoft, Google, Facebook, and Amazon

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/ev3qw7/how-to-quit-apple-microsoft-google-facebook-amazon

A reflection on my month without Apple, Microsoft, Google, Facebook, and Amazon, plus a how-to guide if you want to quit the biggest companies in tech.