Seeking Work-around to Modify Website Creator Template

LJS

Hello there,

I work for someone who has an old website.

The hosting company he uses came out with a site generator program a year or so ago.

The site owner wants to create a new site so he subscribed to the hosting company's program.

This tool is rather rigid; there isn't a lot you can change once you've selected a template.

They have a contact form but I was told by the support folks that the templates cannot be customized.

We need to add fields and make some fields required to assure we get all the information we need.

HOWEVER...

There is the possibility to modify head or body scripts for any page created in the program.

I copied code for a sample form into the body script section and saved it. I got a form but it was placed after the bottom banner of the page.

Is there a way to add a line of code or a command which can tell the tool exactly where in the page I want my code (i.e. my form) to be placed???

I'm grasping at straws here.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

LJS

4 hours ago, LJS said:

Is there a way to add a line of code or a command which can tell the tool exactly where in the page I want my code (i.e. my form) to be placed???

You could do it with some JavaScript DOM programming. Where you would use JS to insert tags and CSS in the page where you would want it. But you will need to under JavaScript DOM programming. It isn't that hard, and if you want to learn, my course package teaches that:

https://shop.killervideostore.com/

Stef

• Like 1