Argh! Need Help with making Div inside a Div grow to text content

hunchy

Firstly! So happy i re-found this site!! I had joined a couple of years ago to participate in this community cuz i love web design - however after a major computer meltdown i lost many of the sites I was part of and lost all the URL's and passwords and whatnot that i had set up....so I stumbled upon it by chance and am glad to be back!

I do have a question though:

I am having a few troubles with a content box that i am trying to make grow with the content.

My site has a block of text within a div (with a tranparency of 75% black) which lays over a wider transparent div (which is set to 50% black). However i know it is probably a really simple solution (i have been really sick and my brain is not working like it should) but i am trying to get both the outer boxes to grow/expand automatically with the text content.So its a text div within a darker transparent div , within a lighter transparent div.

If you need code, I can recreate what i am doing but i also just had a darn blackout at my house and lost the file i was working on!? go figure...doh!

If someone would tell me where i could find a method for creating a content box that grows as described accoding to the inner text box/div (or point me to a link) i would be eternally grateful. The illness i am recovering from has affected part of my brain so I am having to relearn/recall certain things that i knew before, so apologies if this is seems like a really silly questin but i cannot find much help on the web - could also be due to the way my brain is functioning and not searching for the correct terminolgy.

BTW - the div is sitting ontop of a background within a page, so it is not the caontainer div. it is once element on the page that has text and content. Please let me know if you need more info - as i said, my brain capacity is not at it's best right now.

Many thanks, glad to be back! Huchy :cool:

Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for your reply - I had to rebuild my page after power surge lost it all. My internet was out for the last few days thanks to a second surge/blackout/whatever it was, so i haven't been able to reply.

I managed to get it working thanks to your suggestion however (which luckily i saw before my connections went haywire) so thank you for the response. :D