Recommend Me A Simple Php Crawler

saversites

Php Buddies,

Yes, yes, I know. Someone recomemnded a Java crawler but I am into php. Already struggling with one language and so let us stick to just one for the time being.
I used to use Sphider on my site as a web crawler. 

Sphider - a php spider and search engine

I downloaded the latest now but keep getting error this or that has been deprecated (p_connect or whatever function that connects to mysql). So, stuck with the old version at the end and getting same deprecated error (preg_replace) when trying to index my site.
Therefore, do you guys know of any good php crawler and/or searchengine script ? A gpl one would be good.
Yes, I can check the gpl site but I want your recommendations.
That is all I am asking.

Thanks!

Spidering http://......../

1. Retrieving: http://............. at ......
Size of page: 0.64kb. Starting indexing at .........
Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/user/public_html/sphider/admin/spiderfuncs.php on line 611

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/user/public_html/sphider/admin/spiderfuncs.php on line 612

Indexed
Links found: 0. New links: 0

Completed at 17:32:53. 

That is the error getting now. Can't be bothered to fix a third party script. So, now of any updated php crawler that won't show these deprecated errors ?

Mmm. On the other hand. Unless ofcourse, you guys wanna open a tutorial thread on how to build your own simple, mini web crawler with cURL! wink.gif
Or, know of any good tutorial for beginners like me ?
Problem is, it's a third party script. I'll fix one thing and then will face another deprecated mssg.
Therefore, thought might aswell look elsewhere for a script that is using php 7 upto date stuffs.
Edited by saversites