RN=35yr; Web designer=0; Advice needed

Guest travelrn615

Guest travelrn615

Ok, in a nutshell. I purchased a domain name and e-mail thing at intuit. Went to their web design page and actually started working on one of the web templates,however, it just seemed kinda lame. I came here and saw your templates and it seemed like they are soooo much better. I know NOTHING about web design but I am fairly intelligent and was able to follow all of the tutorials on starting. But, I really don't want to start from scratch and I am wondering how it works to purchase a template. Is it as easy to plug in the information on yours as at intuit? Will a web thing just pop up and I work on it then what? Does it automatically go over to intuit? It says that by using a template any web designer could configure it for the client. Does that mean I need a web designer to do it?

• 5 weeks later...
Ok, in a nutshell. I purchased a domain name and e-mail thing at intuit. Went to their web design page and actually started working on one of the web templates,however, it just seemed kinda lame. I came here and saw your templates and it seemed like they are soooo much better. I know NOTHING about web design but I am fairly intelligent and was able to follow all of the tutorials on starting. But, I really don't want to start from scratch and I am wondering how it works to purchase a template. Is it as easy to plug in the information on yours as at intuit? Will a web thing just pop up and I work on it then what? Does it automatically go over to intuit? It says that by using a template any web designer could configure it for the client. Does that mean I need a web designer to do it?

When you say intuit, what do you mean exactly? I can only think of the company behind Quickbooks and I'm sure that's not who you're referring to... lol

if they're a web hosting company, they should have a way where you can upload and set up any templates you purchase and then build your website.

By the way you can download free web templates, however whether you pay for them or not, to modify them you need to know some coding. If you do not want to modify the design in any way, you will still need to know how and where to place your text and images. Some designers will do this on their templates for a fee.

xWhen you say intuit, what do you mean exactly? I can only think of the company behind Quickbooks and I'm sure that's not who you're referring to... lol

Yes, that's actually the same company, oddly enough. http://www.intuit.com/

It is one way to go, but the designs are pretty generic and not something I'd personally recommend to clients.

xWhen you say intuit, what do you mean exactly? I can only think of the company behind Quickbooks and I'm sure that's not who you're referring to... lol

Yes, that's actually the same company, oddly enough. http://www.intuit.com/

It is one way to go, but the designs are pretty generic and not something I'd personally recommend to clients.

LOL, you're absolutely right, I just looked at their website a little more carefully... wow!