PHP first or JS

Biske94

Hi guys I wanna ask you,  should I first learn PHP or JS?

I watched Stefan's video where he said its better to learn first PHP then JS but that was 2014.

I ask this because when I started PHP course it said "Prereqs: You should have completed the beginners HTML, CSS and JavaScript courses." . So what do you think? :)

I know to code in PHP and JS but I am feeling that I dont know that really good, that I have missed some stuff and I want to review it.

I tried JS on my own (with books) didnt work out. Tried one course, taught me just a partially JS, but still I valued that knowlege that I learned from that. Then I said I want to go to school where they teach you Web Programming  in a year, because I want someone to teach me. Its a good thing, but still didnt feel I learned all,  I think they use lots of terminology words and its not that simplified  and I am kinda a guy who likes to learn step by step. 

Then out of nowhere on YouTube I find you, and thats how all started. I like the way lectures are made and they are simple to understand. Also like the way of teaching.

You teach like I would do (when you were talking about what HTML is I said in myself "If I ever teach someone to code I would tell them that HTML is like bricks on the house" and then you say the same :D I know we are sharing the same name but we got lot of similarities, maybe you are my long lost brother haha :D )

With your teachings I finally put the puzzles I was missing in their place. I mean I've learned web foundation, and many more things from you where others didnt taught me, and that help me realize so much in coding.

I just finished JS functions, and even I learned that before, I feel that I know more than before and that my knowledge of JS is better. And of course better understanding of programming and all.

I am simply telling you all of this just you to know that you are a great teacher. :)

Thats why I asked in what order should I learn your courses because in PHP course you said  that you wont have to say what functions are cuz you explained them in JS course, and I want to hear your explanation for that (I know, little weird, but I want to master the basics, after that everything else is easier).

Stefan :)

P.S.(I have enormous urge to select answers like "Dogs wrote HTML" , "Stef is trying to mess us again" , "Fries are good for you", dont know why :D )

• Like 1