<head>
		<title>Home Page</title>
	</head>
	<body>

<p>This is my home page.</p>

<p>Meet <a href="my-friends.html">my friends.</a></p>

</body>
</html>

Still isn't opening up in browser as a hyperlink.  Any other suggestions.

Edited by Barbara

A couple of questions:

1) is "my-friends" an html file?  Does it have an extension (.txt .html, etc)?  If so, it must have that extension in the link.  I am running under the assumption that is is another page in your site and is called "my-friends.html".Make sure it has an html extension.  The names must match (file name and the name in your link)

<p>Meet<a href="my-friends.html"> my friends.</a></p>

2) If this is a file, it must be in the same directory as your index.html (or whatever you call you home page).  If not, you need to give a path to the file.  It is customary to have the html files of a site in the root directory and other things in sub directories.

<p>Meet<a href="directory/my-friends.html"> my friends.</a></p>

If I am barking up the wrong tree, clarify what you mean by not loading correctly.  Add a screen shot if you can.

Edited by MikeJones
  • Like 1

Hi,

When inserting code into the forum, you may have to use the code option in the text editor menu (< >) .. anyway, try changing your code to this:

Meet <a href="my-friends.html">my friends.</a>

... You have to tell the web browser, what kind of file you are linking to. In this case, it is an html page. 

Makes sense?

Stef

23 hours ago, administrator said:

Hi,

When inserting code into the forum, you may have to use the code option in the text editor menu (< >) .. anyway, try changing your code to this:

Meet <a href="my-friends.html">my friends.</a>

Makes sense?

Stef

I tried that and it still didn't open up in the browser as a hyperlink to my-friends.html.    Also I'm still having problems when I click on "Submit Reply"  That's why I had to edit my original post.  H E L P !!!!!