Introduce Yourself

TylerW

Hello All,

It would be great to see who's kicking around the forums and get some introductions going. Seems like a good way to get things rolling :)

Starting with myself...

I'm Tyler. I'm in Vancouver BC Canada and I'm currently working as a freelance web designer and marketer, mostly with local businesses. Everything I have learned so far has been on a need to nerd basis (as Stef would say). I still have a lot to learn, but I get by ok.

On any given day I might be working on web development, design, seo, ppc campaigns, content marketing, or anything really. I love it all, but have considered whether or not I should be more narrowly focused. We'll see! I also do some affiliate marketing and have built and flipped a few sites of my own.

I stumbled onto Stef's youtube a few months ago and became an instant fan, some of his vlogs on business, contracts, and clients have been very helpful. So when he announced that he was re-launching the forum, I was like:

I have a feeling this will be a great community.

With that said, who else is out there? Introduce yourself...

• Like 2

Greetings, everyone!

I've never interacted with the community surrounding Stefan's work, but when I heard a new forum had been developed I thought it would be a great time to get involved!

A little bit about myself:

My name is Logan. I'm a 24 year old from Hot Springs, Arkansas; a small town in the southern region of the US. Right now I'm working in marketing and sales for local business, but I'm obsessed with business and innovation. Creating real value for people is what gets me out of bed every morning!

Although I've taken some of Stef's courses and self-learned a bit of programming, I am no authority on the subject. I feel like I know just enough to understand how everything works.  However, I find topics of modern tech implementation pretty exciting and I look forward to listening what everyone has to share.

If I'm not a programming wiz, what the heck and I doing here?

I'm not sure yet! Haha. I'd like to see how the forum evolves as the community grows. It would be fun to riff about business, finance, or anything else that may spark an interest. I think this will be a neat place to learn and share information!

Chao!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 10/23/2017 at 2:25 PM, LoganK said:

Greetings, everyone!

I've never interacted with the community surrounding Stefan's work, but when I heard a new forum had been developed I thought it would be a great time to get involved!

A little bit about myself:

My name is Logan. I'm a 24 year old from Hot Springs, Arkansas; a small town in the southern region of the US. Right now I'm working in marketing and sales for local business, but I'm obsessed with business and innovation. Creating real value for people is what gets me out of bed every morning!

Although I've taken some of Stef's courses and self-learned a bit of programming, I am no authority on the subject. I feel like I know just enough to understand how everything works.  However, I find topics of modern tech implementation pretty exciting and I look forward to listening what everyone has to share.

If I'm not a programming wiz, what the heck and I doing here?

I'm not sure yet! Haha. I'd like to see how the forum evolves as the community grows. It would be fun to riff about business, finance, or anything else that may spark an interest. I think this will be a neat place to learn and share information!

Chao!

Nice intro Logan. Sounds like we have a lot in common. I like your comment: "Creating real value for people is what gets me out of bed every morning!" I couldnt' agree more. It's pretty cool to have the skills and knowledge to help people grow their businesses and contribute to their success, especially when connected to local businesses and seeing the tangible effect it can have on peoples lives.

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums!

T.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I took some college courses and became a Linux enthusiast.  My PC and laptop are both running distributions based on Arch Linux.  I'm interested in Python3 and like that it is basically bundled with Linux.  I'm considering the idea of building of this as a Django guy, but will see where this goes.  

As for college, I got as far as a 2 year degree in Cyber Security.  I feel that I got ahead of myself and wish I had gone for something more practical like Web Development in college.  It looks like most jobs in Cyber Security require extensive credentials in experience, degrees, and expensive Certifications.  I'm hoping to make a move to something more practical with Coding especially if I can build a portfolio on GitHub.  

I'm also hopeful Stef's Killer Python 3 will be more engaging than the awful Power Point lectures I sat through in college.  

Edited by Dan13

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I'm Mike.  I tried to post a reply yesterday, but I kept getting an error saying that I was forbidden to post.

Anyway, I'm a retired electronic/telecommunications technician, who has always, as Stef would put it so aptly, a need to nerd.  I got into programming before computers were even out, around 1978/1979.  Someone offered to sell me a programmable calculator, a TI-56.  I had no idea, at the time what a programmable calculator was, but, once I caught onto it.  My first computer was a VIC-20, and, I programmed that, saving my programs to audio tape.

I got away from electronics for a few years, until my last job sent me a Raspberry Pi to upgrade a Bose audio unit.  I started reading up on the Raspberry Pi and it got me interested in electronics/programming once again.  And, Stef's videos have inspired me to put more effort into reading up on programming and coding.  For the last four weeks, I've spent at least four hours a day either reading or coding.

I'm well into Stef's HTML 2015 course.  Once I've completed my Linux material, my C++ material and my GTK+ coding, I'll have more time to complete Stef's course.

Stef, I know you like to close out your videos saying, "I hope this helps."  Believe me, anyone who shares as much as you have helps everyone.  Good work.

-Mike

Edited by mgreer58
Making sure I could post.
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello everybody, I'm Jim from Arizona. I have a Bachelors in Geography and a Masters in Geographic Information Systems. I work in GIS for a small city and I'm going to start my own GIS business on the side. I love when I can use my abilities to solve other's problems, and I would like to grow something that can make money for me and others around me.

I'm currently using the book "Python Crash Course" to understand the basics of Python, which I use for automation and spatial analysis. I need to learn more about databases, SQL, and PHP because a foundation of GIS is the spatial database. I also need to learn about web development using HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Infrastructure As A Service to create GIS web applications and websites in general. Finally, I need to learn business, finance, and communications topics to help with successful business growth.

These are long term goals that I will be working on and it looks like Stef's products and community will help me at an affordable price. I first found Stef when browsing YouTube for programming videos. After several months of viewing his content I decided to try out his business course.

I hope to hear from any of you, I am happy to answer questions and participate in the community.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone,

I'm Toni from Croatia. Still attending to school to get a diploma for Computer Technology.
After that I plan on moving to Germany to turn a page in my life.

I've decided that I want to learn how to code and since I was following Stefan for a bit, I bought 
his course for Web Development and his book too. It has been a really good journey so far, had some issues, but
they always seem to solve themselves after some time. 

I haven't really done any projects yet, except trying to create my portfolio page and uploading it to free hosting just 
to see how it will look. 

Really glad that I've found Stef's channel and that it took me where I am right now. I don't plan on letting this go,
so I'm looking up for meeting this community. 

Cheers! ☕

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi smart people! How's it going?

My name is Boris and I am from Serbia (not Siberia).I am 19 years old and just 1 year ago I finished High School here in my hometown of Sombor.

I came here just because I wanna learn some cool stuff about web development and I think Stefan's course is the right choice for that.Unfortunately, in school that I went to I was only taught HTML and that was the very basic HTML but even then I really liked it and enjoyed coding.Since my parents can't afford me to go to University and I have to choose who am I gonna be in the future, I think this is the path I should follow mostly because I love to code and there is nothing else I wanna do, at least for now 😊 + I am in love with Asian people so I need some money to go travel and visit all those great countries!

I am happy to be here, on this Forum and... Let's code!

• 4 months later...

Hello I am a 20something living in New York City, New York born in Italy. I am i love with anything related to IT, computers, UNIX systems, Multimedia edition, legacy brick mobile phones.
I enjoying to learn languages (Italian,French,English,German etc..) and making research about their background.

Edited by kurupt13
  • Like 1

Hello everyone!  I am Carlo, from Honolulu, Hawaii.  It's really hot here, but I am glad that I found something that I like to do, indoors.  I am learning about Web Development through the Interactive Web Development Course, and I like it so far.  I think I'm learning a lot, and I am planning to be a Web Developer later on.

Nice to meet you all!

• Like 1

Hello all!

I am new here. My name is Anna, I am from Ukraine. I have my own bakery here and I try to develop and grow it, from the very beginning it was just a hobby and then I decided to make it bigger.

I always try to find and learn something new in my life so, hope to find it here.

Nice to be here and have a good day :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi to all, I am Sam Fitzgerlad from New York.  I am associated with Wordprax Ltd., a leading WordPress Development Company and handles all major wordpress development projects, Wordpress conversion services along with his team of designers and developers. As a hobby, I also write Technical Articles related to Wordpress development to share my deep insights into this subject.

• Like 1