Ugh, Really minor cross browser issue that i cant figure out!!

delirium

Hey there, im getting so annoyed with this cross-browser stuff. Why the hell aren't they all just the same!!!!!

Anyway, i'm working on this website layout and everything is going fine in IE but in Firefox one little thing is off by like 1 pixel.

Right under the logo, the entire tab area seams to be to far to the left, by about one pixel.

I am a perfectionist so this is actually driving me crazy. I've been stuck for 3 days trying to figure this out, can somebody PLEASE help me.

the website is http://www.supernerd.ca

and the css: http://www.supernerd.ca/css/main/style.css

Thanks in advance,

-Delirium

Edited by delirium

As you probably realise now, it was IE not Firefox that was causing the trouble.

#primewrapper is 970px wide.

#logo is 483+17 = 500 + #tabs 470 = 970px

#tabs a inside is 147+2*2 = 151 * 3 = 453px which is within 470px

so all that is OK

However, #pagecontent underneath is width: 931 + 2*2 = 935px; margin: auto; which leaves 35px difference from #primewrapper's 970 which divided by 2 = 17.5px each. It seems that IE has jumped the wrong way as it can't do half a px.

In other words, neither browser can do half a px but Firefox has moved the margins for the #pagecontent in one direction to match the #tabs above but IE moved them in the other direction.

Edited by Wickham