Google Finally Releases A 64 Bit Chrome

LSW

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/188741-64-bit-chrome-finally-available-to-download-faster-more-secure-twice-as-stable

For newbies who may be unsure, only more recent operating systems are released in home versions as 64 bit. My guess would be Vista and up. Some older versions could be bought as 64 bit, but those were usually the enterprise versions.

My Father-in-law, daughter & wife all bought laptops with Windows 8 or 8.1 and all are 64 bit, mine was Win 7 and 64 bit but that was intentional. So if you have Win 7 o 8 it may be 64 bit. However the University here where my wife works are Win 7 32 bit.

If you are wondering, go into your "start  ->  control panel  ->  system and it will tell you"

Also if you see this:

• x86  =  32 bit
  • x64  =  64 bit

Final note: Chrome does not play well with itself. You can and may have IE 32 bit & IE 64 bit on a 64 bit machine, but Chrome 32 bit must be completely uninstalled before installing the 64 bit version or it might screw up updates later.

Cheers!

PS.  HTG Explains: What’s the Difference Between 32-bit and 64-bit Windows?