New Skin In Place

falkencreative

Ben, it's not really an issue for those with good vision. In my case, a semi-black (dark grey) font on white background makes it a bit difficult to read especially if the posts are more than a few paragraphs long.  Right now the font color is 282828 and that's probably good for most people.  This is why I asked if it's possible to at least provide a dark/light option using a cookie or something and have a second css for dark colors such as black background(s) with white fonts.  Again, that's me but I thought I asked anyway. 

My issue is usually bright light bothering me so I have my monitors and tablet turned down. I have found as far as accessibility goes that pure white is usually hard on people. So I always tried a really light grey that was not obviously grey, but darker than white. So if in fact the pages are white, you might consider using a light grey. But at work it does not bother me much because as I said all my monitors are darkened so they don't shine out as much and my work glasses are tinted grey to cut the light as well.

So since we are on the subject of peoples needs reading the forum, I thought I would just bring it up as well. My Kindle app on my tablet is set to light text on a dark background.

Stefan,

I don't see much change other than the header has a darker theme but that's not my issue. The issue is the content (posts) area where all the reading is done:

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/22574/20140330-iwe3-95kb.jpg

Any chance to dup your original theme or the IP theme and set it to be white text on black background on the post area itself? Everything else can stay the same.

NOTE: I really appreciate your effort.

Here's a rough sample that I would like to see:

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/22574/20140327-p2f4-89kb.jpg

This is much easier for me to read than other.

I've put a sample Dark theme in place for you (Theme Change in the bottom left corner of the forum > "KillerSites Dark Theme"). It isn't a complete reskin, since doing that would take a pretty huge amount of time. However, I have themed a lot of the basic conversation functionality, so hopefully that will be helpful. If there's anything that isn't readable, let me know.

Well this sort of sucks... I want to mention that for quite some time Opera offers the ability to switch CSS sheets. You can create your own to use on all web sites or use the ones installed already of which one was light on dark.

But to me embarrassment, I installed the newest Opera at work to explain how to do this and... I'll be damned if I can find it. I did a search and know it is still offered... just the help still did not clearly show me how to get to it, and quite frankly... I don't use Opera so do not care to spend anymore work time on it.

So if we have any Opera users out there who know how to do it in the newer/newest versions, it might be worth creating a post specifically for that under Accessibility. That said, for beginners, it would be of use to you as well to test your sites and see what they look like for people who use such tools to make sites more usable based on their disabilities.

That would also have solved the above issue... but of course would be silly to ask Eddie or anyone else to forego their favorite browser and use Opera just for Killersite's forum and strictly goes against what most of us at Killersites believe in and preach.

As silliness is unbecoming of the professionals here, excluding myself for silliness or professionalism as you choose, I tip my hat to Ben and Stef for taking this issue to heart and dealing with it as quickly as you have.   :clap:

And of course, thanks for all the fish.     ;)