Another Layer Issue

newseed

ww w.koo lertek.com

The issue is IE6 this time.

When you first load this page, you can see the arch just under the header which displays a splash (not flash) placeholder of a product and details. Once the page is fully loaded (loading the png fix is what it's doing) you will notice that it goes under the actual header wrap.

The splash is position absolute and it works fine in all other browsers except IE6. Somehow the spash goes under the header but I am not sure where I might have missed something. I added a red border for id="splash" so you can see that the entire border first appears and then it get lost behind the id="hb-right"

Eventually there will be a flash but I need to be able to resolve this first.

Thanks.

I think it is the absolute positioning of your "splash" and the relative positioning of the "masthead"`which could be causing your problem. See this article:

http://therealcrisp.xs4all.nl/meuk/IE-zindexbug.html

or this one

http://www.quirksmode.org/bugreports/archives/2006/01/Explorer_z_index_bug.html

Edited by virtual

The bug does not seem to apply to me because if I disable the png fix, the splash shows up correctly.

I am using supersleight for png fix which has always been successfuly to me until this site. Does anyone else have a good png fix that I can try as an alternative?

Update: I have just tried iepngfix.htc and it too failed the splash layer issue.

Edited by newseed

With Windows 7 hitting the market and that it's getting favorable reviews from everyday users (so far), I would think that those who have been waiting for Vista to go away while avoiding the aging XP that many will start to move forward in the next year most of which are from those that don't have a high speed computers or small businesses. However, with the economy, it may take longer than I like to see.

I expect IE6 to be around for a few more years. Currently, (based on W3Counter.com global stats) it's market share is about 12%. My guess is that IE6 will fall below 5% by early 2011.