.fla to .html publishing - Code Question

jonny-o

Hi,

I am having this tiny issue - nothing major.

I just finished designing a website, and published as HTML, however after uploading it to the server and running it over the web, it does not display the Header I would like it to be at the top of say for example Internet Explorer. It kind of worked when I edited the published HTML file and changed the header from index to the the preffered, but the website did not load. Now I did scour the HTML code in the Flash file to see if I can find that "index" header and change it, but with no luck. I am not sure if this is a Flash related query or a 3rd party or external query, as I know you can change the name of the published files before hand. I am using Flash Pro CS3.

Any suggestions or help of some kind would be really appreciated. This is my first Flash website, I normally only do HTML. I did look at some turorials, but could not find anywhere where it covered this.

Cheers

have you got a link to your page to see what HTML was generated?

In general, I don't believe generated code would be ever better than the one written manually so, once you got the the .swf file of your website, embed it using one of most common embedding methods. As for now, SWFobject is the most effective one.

Also, from what you described is not clear how the .swf is built - is the header also in Flash and part of .swf the header image coded right into HTML?

Edited by lm