Radio Button Help, need one button to disable other buttons

delirium

Hey guys,

I have a "submit Support Ticket" form that is built up of about 20 radio buttons and all my services. Witch looks something like..

( O represents a radio button )

Service Type: | O In home O Drop off

------------------------------------------------------------

Service: | O Computer repair

| O othr service

| O Other service

| O wireless network setup

Now, most of my services can be done both in home and by drop off. However things like wireless network setup must be done in home. I would like to make it so that when the user checks the "in home" box, they are not able to select these services.

I have had a few ideas on how i could go about doing this but i would like some other opinions before i do anything. At the moment i have it return as a form error, so if they have checked say, "Drop Off" Service type.. and "wireless network setup" as the service. It submits the form but than sends the user back saying "Error this service cannot be done in home", id like it to happen before they submit the form. (this is also posted in javascript, but id really like to find a way to do it in php)

Edited by delirium

javascript would be the correct method to use in order to trap the error prior to form submission.

And a php method at the Server on form submission would be a good idea, too.

Can you create one radio button stack for In-home and another for Shop based services?

Redundancy can be a virtue.