Formatting

Guest JMarion

Guest JMarion

Hello,

I'm sooooo frustrated! I hope someone can help.

I took your classes and wrote my website - everything looks great in Internet Explorer and the Netscape browsers.

The web site doesn't look great in the Firefox or Safari browsers.

I ran the code checker and it is really no help in fact when I changed the doc type it re-formatted my web pages in the first two browsers I mentioned.

Someone told me to hang this up and write it in Publihser Web pages.

Is there any way to fix this the web page is www.hottelrealestate.com

Thanks in advance

Validated code is no guarantee of cross browser compatibility.

Describe the problems you are having so others can review your page. Without a description, we can only guess what you want the page to look like.

You will be well served to have a strict doctype and probably HTML 4.01 is better than xhtml to begin with. Design your page so it looks good in Firefox and then adjust the CSS for IE using IE Conditional Comments. There is help on Google re: IE conditional comments. or check back here if you need help.

Edited by jlhaslip

Is there by chance an extra 't' in your link?

If so, the page looks fine in Firefox - nothing looks like it's off or should be somewhere else. It does, however, have 103 validation error, but most of them seem to be because of the scripts and embeds. I don't know of any way around those. (There very well might be, I just don't know it).