Creating links from Thumb nails in a gallery

kungfutastic

Hello there.

I am very much a newby.

I have just watched and finished the first web site course that deals with basic HTML and Css. I do feel pretty excited about creating my first web site. Im playing around at the moment and making mistakes and learning from them.

What i would like to know whether i can do a gallery with the program/info i have.

Will it be possible to do a small gallery, say a string of images at the bottom of the page. Once they are clicked on or over (i guess i do a link) a larger view of that image is shown in the place above. Then when i choose another image, again it produces a large version of that image.

Is this possible, any hints/tips??

Sorry this is probably a bit basic for you chaps but i thought i would ask.

Also can i create blocks of colour or change the background of the screen colour to?

Sorry for sounding so dumb, i am really just starting out and trying things out.

Any help appreciated!

thank you

david

It's certainly possible but it might be a bit advanced if you have only just started learning HTML and CSS.

This page item 2 shows a hover popup in a defined position using pure CSS (no javascript):-

http://www.wickham43.net/hoverpopups.php

otherwise people often use javascript or jQuery which is a variation of javascript to create image effects; Google jQuery slideshow and you will find lots of scripts to download which have better effects than a plain hover popup, like fade in.