how to have scrolls within the container

tchoy

Everything is positioned using position:absolute... which makes it extremely tricky. I'd highly suggest removing all of the position:absolute and work with floats instead. If you are going to stick to position:absolute, the only way I can think of is to adjust the positioning uniquely per page.

Realistically, you're going to have to make some changes on how you position elements anyway. For example, if the user is using a 800x600 resolution (not as popular as it used to be, but still something to keep in mind) the site is almost unusable.

This is one way to do this:

http://www.aandbwebdesign.com/misc/ohka.html

The fine formatting isn't quite done, but I'm out of time - but the structure is in place.

The first thing you may notice is THE DOCTYPE :D

I've removed all the position absolute, gave the division names with meaning, floated the left-column and the right-column and cleared the footer which makes if fall underneath the 2 floated divisions no matter how much content you put in them.

I have also resized the image so it's as big as you're displaying it. If you upload a large photo but display is smaller, you're wasting bandwidth.

There's still some more clean-up to be done in the CSS, but as I said, I'm out of time.

I used your code for all my pages so far and it's working.

My only problem in this code is the h1 heading. It does not line up directly above Calendar of Events.

Same code as all my other pages, but this one does not work.

thought this did not work, but figured it out, the Calendar of Events needed to be moved over because the Events (h1) is centered and since it's shorter text than my other file's h1 heading, I thought it did not line up correctly.

Edited by tchoy