VGT-Central

Enormity

haha, replying to my own thread so it doesn't get lost among the dead threads. Can you guys give me any tips that would improve the look of my site? Right now, I personally feel as though it does not have enough images on it, but images shouldn't be everything, either. I'm just saying it looks a little plain to me. But I'm always getting good feedback from people I somewhat know saying it looks very professional. I'm still not liking it too much, though. Anyway, I already know about the ionisis image breaking the sponsor box. I'm in the middle of fixing that right now, as it shows up fine on Firefox on Windows, but is too high in IE, and too low on firefox on Linux. rofl~ I hate that.

• 2 weeks later...

aside of validation errors,

Can you guys give me any tips that would improve the look of my site? Right now, I personally feel as though it does not have enough images on it, but images shouldn't be everything, either. I'm just saying it looks a little plain to me.

Your present layout looks indeed quite not worked through.

It is quite a challenge to create good dark background website.

Might help if you look for some inspiration around the net: just google "dark background websites".

Here is one of the examples.

As you can see from the examples, texture, patterns, gradients are applied to almost each selector. Starting with the body selector: you can use some pattern, texture of gradient to define content box more clearly: especially if you deal with dark backgrounds ( instead of using thick white border).

Of course it will be up to you to not to get overboard with effects and keep the content readable.