Will you use video in your site?

ted1986

I plan to make a new site. I saw that many sites will use a video to show their service, so do you need to use video too? And how can i make a good video? Any suggestions?

Please tell me what kind video will you use in your site and what software will you use to edit video? Thanks in advance. :)

hi

using video has it pros and cons. videos takes time to load and takes more bandwidth, unless its really necessary to make a point, so use it sparingly. not all viewer has fast connection and most don't want to wait for the video to download.

you can search the web for video editing tools. I'm not really familiar with video editing software for windows or mac but I think there's a lot available. the most commonly used video format is flv but mp4 is gaining ground.

I saw that many sites will use a video to show their service, so do you need to use video too?

I really think this depends on your product/service and your specific situation. Who visits your site? Will they bother to watch the video? Will that be effective with them? Just because others are doing it doesn't mean that necessarily should.

If you sell software/web applications, having a screencast of some sort to show off product features or how easy it is to work with the product may be a good idea. I definitely look at screencasts (if available) when thinking about purchasing software.

I have done some screencasts in the past (actually was working on one this weekend) though it is definitely a work in progress. I really like Telestream's Screenflow ($99, but WELL worth it. I can't see doing screencasts without it.) It allows you to capture video/sound from your computer, and then do all the editing and effects in one interface. There are other free applications to look at, though in my opinion they don't have the quality or editing options that Screenflow has. If you are on a PC, Camtasia is well known, though that is a bit more expensive. Probably only worth it if you plan to do a lot of screencasting semi professionally.

for most cases good embedded and/or linked to external sources slideshow will do the job because as mentioned above, videos take lots of time to load.

I only see real necessity of embed videos for the websites in advertising to show off their skills in making those videos so they would want to have multiple movie player embedded. As far as I know now they want to have embedded movie players for HD quality videos (format .f4v).

As for movie makers, if you are on PC, Windows Movie maker (free) will do the most of needed editing and learning curve - about 5-10 mins.

Hi, Thank you. Yes I know videos really take the bandwidth. But I just want to know what will you do with a video. And now I see that Mr. falkencreative and Im do suggset to use video too many. But what is your option of video marketing? I saw this word often in some other forums but I can not fingur out how exactly to do that.

And

I only see real necessity of embed videos for the websites in advertising to show off their skills in making those videos so they would want to have multiple movie player embedded. As far as I know now they want to have embedded movie players for HD quality videos (format .f4v).

I think now the adobe flash player already support F4V and H.264 FLV becasue you can see that youtube use a lot of F4V file now.

And I use another software to make players for my video. Do you think player is also a key point? Because you can use it to attarct your visitor's attention?

Hi, I googled Camtasia. Yeah man that is a good software. It can help to capture screenshots and export as a video with audio. I always use snagit to do screen record. And use another software (FLV Editor Ultimate) to add audio. Thank you but as you see that Camtasia costs $ 299 and snagit only costs $ 49.95.

ok you have 6mb video of good quality, how would you show it on a website? If you use simple embed, whho will wait till it's loaded? Using then download or streaming server?

Really, better to put more effort into website accessibility itself than into creation a monster which almost no one will be seeing anyway.