Review

Topher

Hi I was an old member here, but was unable to login with my old password. I have finally created my first client website (non paid for a local chamber of commerce. "filmfalmouth.com". I would love to get some feedback as I feel I'm having a difficult time with choosing the right colors, fonts. Thanks.

We closed the old forum recently so that is why you were unable to login probably. Otherwise the you could always let us know, Stef or I could change it for you in the old forum, guess only stef in this one. But my guess is it is simply as it was closed and this one you have to join in again.

Looks good overall... Coding looks good, with the exception of a couple missing alt attributes and a h1 tag that is inside a span...

Design looks pretty good as well -- I have no problem with the current colors / fonts.

What I'd suggest changing:

-- The three boxes (one stop permitting, location gallery, falmouth production guide) appear on all pages... perhaps they should only appear on the home page? Also, I find the film border a bit distracting in the header on those three boxes. If the white dashed border (the filmstrip edges) were thinner, the text would stand out more.

-- Not a big fan of the rollover navigation (specifically, the way the text jumps and gets larger). Maybe a simple color change and/or an addition of a slight gradient behind the selected nav item would look better?

-- On the home page, the fact that some of the text is left justified and some of it is centered is a little odd -- I'd suggest being consistent.

-- Also on the home page, perhaps you could add "[PDF]" or some other sort of notification that the user will be downloading a PDF rather than just looking at a new page?

-- Perhaps the large graphic at the top of the page just above the navigation could change depending on which section the visitor was viewing? Might add some interest.