Happy New Year to everybody!

lm

Stefan... You sum it up perfectly! ;)

I am childless for once... And could easily have put out the money on an evening out... But it is just too much for me.

Though we went out on Saturday instead as there were less people. We did 2 movies + dinner and were home by 11... Then on Sunday we were out to dinner with a friend and nearly made it home at 8... We went to the store and were home and in bed by 10 instead.

Though I must say... The tea with chocolate and honey sounds like something to add to the evenings plans for this house.

Happy New Years everyone!

No partying for us here. We all got a special Christmas present this year. All 5 of us (me, hubby + my 3 kids). The stomach flu! It started on Friday and we're still not done. Almost, though (fingers crossed). So, it'll be to bed at the normal time for us, I'm sure. :P

Have fun everyone and stay safe!

No partying for us here. We all got a special Christmas present this year. All 5 of us (me, hubby + my 3 kids). The stomach flu! It started on Friday and we're still not done. Almost, though (fingers crossed). So, it'll be to bed at the normal time for us, I'm sure. :P

Have fun everyone and stay safe!

Nothing worse than the stomach flu! As you know, my wife and I have a daycare. So I've taken NOT getting sick to sort of an art form. I don't like getting sick!

I'm around diseases 24-7, therefore, my immune system is second-to-none, so this may not work as well for you as it does for me but... I've beat the last nine stomach flu's in a row, spanning over the last two years! Meaning, my stomach didn't feel the greatest, but, I didn't puke (which is the worst).

In order to beat the stomach flu do this: First of all, when your stomach first starts to feel a little strange - stop eating. Starving it out is Key! You've got to get it out of your stomach and into your intestines where it can (relatively painlessly) be eliminated. Then every hour, on the hour, take these pills with a small glass of water.

Multidophilis: in short all the different forms of good bacteria that live in your intestines - like the stuff in yogurt.

Enzimes (like papaya): Helps digest food (i.e. helps get it out of your stomach).

Collostrum: it's the stuff in mothers breast milk that prevents babies from getting sick. When you buy it, It's comes from cows milk. I've found it best to only take this on a as-needs basis. If you take it every day, your immune system just becomes dependent on it, just like anything else.

The best part is, everytime you beat it, you're immune system becomes stronger and stronger, and therfore, it becomes easier and easier to beat it. Just like what bacteria are doing. You know, they're getting stronger and stronger, becuse they keep beating different forms of antibiotics.

I've got a coctail for the common cold also. I usually beat about 80% of them...

Edited by Eric

@Susie - I hope you and your family get well very soon. As soon as I finished for the holidays almost a couple of weeks ago, I went down with a terrible cold. Typical! No too bad now though. Probably picked something up from the office... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I can say that 2009 is feeling pretty cold in my part of the world. Not only is it still below freezing (11:30am here), it's also dull and cloudy.