RSS feed (pubdate)

lesley

Hello,

I have successfully created an rss feed for my website. However I am struggling with the pubdate. If I don?t get the time exactly correct, then when the update goes to outlook it does not show up as a new post. It is marked already read. Currently I am updating the RSS feed myself. Is there a way to automate the pubdate only?

Thanks,

Lesley

I havent figured out how to automate the RSS through PHP/ASP. So i am currently adding my own items and creating the pubdates myself. It is a static site, no CMS. I keep a "news" section of the website which is just an unordered list and each list item links to a different page. This is the only section of the website i need RSS on. You can see it here if it helps - http://tica.org/member.php

Thanks!

Hmm. I've done a little bit of research on this... There are some services out there that claim to be able to create an RSS feed from a plain HTML website -- you can look into that more if you like -- but they don't seem to duplicate the functionality 100%.

As far as your original question, I don't think there is a way to automate only part of the feed. I don't think creating a small PHP program to automate that entire process for you is that difficult... I'm surprised I haven't been able to find one online yet.