guys need help with Wampserver

phpboy

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh wait at smtp.smartwifi.net same thing happened then i tried

smtp.smartbro.net this is the result:

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 553 5.1.8 ... Domain of sender address you@yourdomain does not exist in C:\wamp\www\php_work\function.php on line 8

then what again is the problem?

i've done watching videos in OOP php.. then now i'm in mysql .. . .. .

the problem why i write again here to ask question is that why i cant access or go to phpMyAdmin? when i tried it.. here is? the result. .. . .

The website declined to show this webpage

HTTP 403

Most likely causes:

This website requires you to log in.

What you can try:

Go back to the previous page.

More information

This error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

what seems to be the problem... pls reply i'm watching the videos right now ..and i want it to do the what is done in those videos

again

ty

Assuming that you had IIS installed first, then installed WAMP, and then removed IIS, I would suggest deinstalling WAMP and reinstalling -- I'm guessing that something to do with the old IIS installation is causing problems. I've done a brief search on the problem on Google, though I haven't really found anything that may help you -- mostly, the advice usually seems to be "reinstall". If I find anything I'll let you know.

wa what will i do? reformat? is there any wayS to Solve my problem >_

I'm not sure what to tell you -- WAMP has always worked perfectly for me. You may try doing a search and see if there is a solution online that others have found for this... or try removing WAMP and trying XAMMP instead (http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html) which does the same thing as WAMP. Should be straight forward, but Stefan has a video on it if you need help: http://idea22.com/video/details/id/200708281188352306

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html#1173

* Question 2: Where should I place my web content?

The main folder for all WWW documents is at \xampp\htdocs. If you put a test.html file here you can browse for it at http://localhost/test.html (if Apache server is running). Use the same procedure with all PHP or cgi files. You can create subfolders for your content too. For example, create the folder \xampp\htdocs\new and copy your test.html file there. Then enter the URL http://localhost/new/test.html to view this in your browser.

Using phpMyAdmin, how can i make a username and a password in my database?

I'm guessing you are trying to make some sort of user authentication?

You'd need to:

-- open up phpMyAdmin

-- create a new database, if you haven't made one already

-- make sure the correct database is selected

-- add a new table to the database (maybe call it "users"?), and select the correct number of fields (perhaps, to keep it simple, you'll want three fields -- a unique ID, a username, and a password)

-- then, set up the table by giving each of the fields names and the proper types.

-- If you do use three fields, "id" would have an "int" type, and should have the "auto_increment" property (a dropdown under "Extra"). "name" would be a varchar, perhaps with a length of 30, and "password" would be a varchar with a length of 32)

-- once all of that has been done, add your data by selecting the correct table, and then the "insert" tab. Insert your data, and press "go"

No, not juSt like that... i mean How can i make A username and paSSword in my databaSe..

I have reSearch about connecting php to databaSe and here Is how..

The following example creates a database called "my_db":

<?php

$con = mysql_connect("localhost","peter","abc123");

if (!$con)

{

die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());

}if (mysql_query("CREATE DATABASE my_db",$con))

{

echo "Database created";

}

else

{

echo "Error creating database: " . mysql_error();

}mysql_close($con);

?>

So i run ThiS ScriptS and it Said that AccESS denied..

And I think it iS because of thiS line:

$con = mysql_connect("localhost","peter","abc123");

That tutorial Is using MySql while me, Im Using phpMyAdmin...

So i think i have to replace "localhoSt" to 127.0.0.1 ryt?

And in "peter" and "abc123" ThoSe are the Username and paSSword that'S why i aSk here how to make a Username and paSsword out of my databAse in phpMyAdmin

wheni tried running that Script ThiS iS the reSult:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061) in C:\xampp\htdocs\wewe.php on line 2

Could not connect: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)

I mean how can i connect php to phpMYAdmin? PlS one eample will do:)

With that error, it doesn't seem that it is a username/password issue. Are you sure MySQL is running? If I turn MySQL off, I get that exact error when I try to connect. Can you access PHPMyAdmin? If MySQL is turned off, you should get an error when you try to open up the PHPMyAdmin page.

Just to be clear, you don't connect PHP to PHPMyAdmin, you connect it to MySQL. As I said above, PHPMyAdmin is simply a tool that makes it slightly more user friendly to edit and modify a MySQL database manually.

ooppS i forgot to Start MySql...

here IS now the ReSult...

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'Any '@'localhost' (using password: YES) in C:\xampp\htdocs\wewe.php on line 2

Could not connect: Access denied for user 'Any '@'localhost' (using password: YES)

YeS i can accESS phpMYadmin..

ThiS iS the wewe.php:

<?php

$con = mysql_connect("localhost","Any ","Yes");

if (!$con)

{

die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error());

}if (mysql_query("CREATE DATABASE my_db",$con))

{

echo "Database created";

}

else

{

echo "Error creating database: " . mysql_error();

}mysql_close($con);

?>