Reviews Homepage Of Site

jsmith1981

I just wondered what people think of this site here (have been working on this exclusively): www.sweetsparklehampers.com

As you can tell I haven't finished the grey bar (will eventually, like allot (ok all) of the menu's completely dynamic yet), but what's your honest opinions of it, I'd really like to hear them.

Also what's your best advice of theme development with regards to woocommerce? I am not sure about how to integrate this (when I've finished the front page layout of the site). I want to make a good job of this since this is the first portfolio site I have done ever really.

I appreciate your advice in advance,

Jeremy

Edited by Jeremy

I'll just list what I notice one by one:

• The red of Login and Register on the black background is bad - not enough contrast
  • I kind of get the "Sweet Sparkle Hampers", but no idea what the 'Wedding Hire" is supposed to mean.
  • Your footer text is cut off - I only see as far as CMS Provided t (maybe that's a chopped of b --- that's it.
  • There is way too much pink for me - but that's personal preference.

Looking at the code:

• Hidden comments can be useful, I think you may be going a bit overboard. meta tags are obvious, so is title start and end, and IMO does not require any more explanation than the tags themselves. However, this is personal preference, and commenting on everything is not wrong.
  • You are starting your footer with a div class footer but are closing it with the HMTL5 closing footer tag - pick one.

I'll just list what I notice one by one:

• The red of Login and Register on the black background is bad - not enough contrast
  • I kind of get the "Sweet Sparkle Hampers", but no idea what the 'Wedding Hire" is supposed to mean.
  • Your footer text is cut off - I only see as far as CMS Provided t (maybe that's a chopped of b --- that's it.
  • There is way too much pink for me - but that's personal preference.

Looking at the code:

• Hidden comments can be useful, I think you may be going a bit overboard. meta tags are obvious, so is title start and end, and IMO does not require any more explanation than the tags themselves. However, this is personal preference, and commenting on everything is not wrong.
  • You are starting your footer with a div class footer but are closing it with the HMTL5 closing footer tag - pick one.

The banner (static element) I was having problems adding the banner further up, so thats fixed now, I was thinking about the problems with yea the text at the top, not enough contrast :) I will go through it with the person I am doing it for about yea the hiring part. It's more they are like an agent going between hiring companies and offering that. But I shall confirm, it's just on her facebook page I thought about keeping it the same as that but ideally I need to confirm.

Thank you ever so much

PS with regards to the comments I shall clear it up but it's just so I can remember where everything is, once it goes into production/live status then I will remove allot of them :)

Really it's just an exercise for me to understand how wordpress theme's are developed for me personally.

Edited by Jeremy