Request: Change Max File Upload

groogruxking40

Hey everyone..

I would like to be able to upload .pdfs that are 30MB

1. I am using Wordpress 8.4

2. I am using Dreamhost and cannot locate either the php.ini or .htaccess file

3. I don't have php.ini or .htaccess in my root folder via FTP

4. I e-mailed Dreamhost and they said they cannot do it on their end

I would like to know if I just create a php.ini file and if so can someone copy/paste the entire php.ini file that would allow me to upload up to 30MB files?

OR

I would like to know if I just create a .htacess file and if so can someone copy/paste the entire .htaccess file that would allow me to upload to to 30MB files?

Thank you ahead of time

The php.ini most likely won't be accessible to you -- it will be on the server in a place that you can't get to. You should be able to use a .htaccess file.

-- First thing I would do is check if your FTP program is hiding hidden files by default. Some do, and you have to enable it to see the .htaccess file.

-- If it isn't there, you can create a .htaccess file yourself. Just create htaccess.txt on your desktop, add the necessary code, and upload. Once it is on the server, rename it to ".htaccess".

...if you don't know what code to use to increase the upload limit using .htaccess, here is a tutorial: http://roshanbh.com.np/2008/01/uploading-larger-files-in-php.html