What's wrong with my backgrounds? (& other questions)

NikMac

Hi,

My website is at http://www.all-water.org/Home.html

As you can see, the blue-gradient background doesn't line up with the banner at the top of the page. As you resize the window the content moves away from the background as well. The background lines up differently on pages like http://www.all-water.org/Links.html.

Another issue is that the right sidebar (a color-filled textbox) appears in Firefox, but not in Safari. How to fix this?

I'm using Yahoo Sitebuilder, but I can edit HTML if I have to.

Also, while I'm here... can anyone offer an alternative WYSIWYG editor to Yahoo Sitebuilder? It's kind of outdated. I also can't use it on my Mac. I've tried iWeb, which is great - but I don't like the SEO limits.

Thanks.

Nik

Edited by NikMac

The main body of the page is centred using margins and it looks to me as if the rest of the page is positioned using position: absolute.

The positioning of the page will look good only at the same resolution as you build it for. And that explains why the pieces are moving differently relative to one another.

There are a ton of layouts similar to yours that avoid the problems you are experiencing. The correct method for your page layout should be with Margins, Padding and Floats to place things on the page correctly.

Google for Free templates that are html/css validated. If I had some time, I would assist, but I am short of time right now. Sorry.