HTML 5.0

NuCoder

I'd say it is worth learning a little about, since that is the direction that the web will be going eventually. I think I've seen a tutorial or two on NetTuts about using the new tags. The thing is, it really isn't realistic to consider building sites using HTML5 until all the major browsers support it.

HTML5 Implementation: http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/Implementations_in_Web_browsers

Some browsers have partial support (Firefox, Safari, Opera) and I don't believe that IE supports any/or very few of the new HTML5 tags.

• 1 month later...
...The thing is, it really isn't realistic to consider building sites using HTML5 until all the major browsers support it...

Seems logical to me. Yet, there are quite a few sites that have decided to go where no site has gone before, some of which are showcased in this gallery. Then again, who can blame their developers for preferring the simple elegance of

over the convoluted

and similar document type declarations that only nerds could love!

Edited by abajan

Yet, there are quite a few sites that have decided to go where no site has gone before, some of which are showcased in this gallery.

That's all well and good, but I'm just saying that most of my clients don't care exactly which technology I am using when creating a web site -- they just want something that works. At the moment, using the current browsers, HTML 5 really isn't an option. Until all browsers support HTML5, there is little sense in doing client websites in HTML5.