HowTo for site preloader?

AndaleTheGreat

Looking for a HowTo on creating a site preloader. I just need a second or two on Cable ISP but aDSL and comparable are a bit longer.

I just want to make a fill bar, don't even need a percentage. I don't want a repeating image, I always hate when a game or site has an image that indicates something is getting done, but then it just keeps repeating with no indication there's an end coming.

Don't really wanna use a flash one just cuz it seems like it would just add more time to site. Plus I've avoided using it thus far.

testsite d0t DaybreakPhotography d0t org

well is saw that, but i was confused as to whether or not it was a tutorial to cover the area with the gif until the page was loaded. I also stated i did not want to make a repeating image (like a gif) but it seems my only choice is to make a gif or convert the whole site to flash to make a preloader. I thought maybe there was a way to do it without flash or a repeat gif, i guess not tho.