Image displays differently on different PCs/Browsers

Che

Image displays differently on different PCs

the image is a line diagram with text using black as the single colour- on my Dell laptop the lines & text look poor- as if drawn with a pen that is running out of ink - on my other computer the image looks fine with the lines solid.

I have set the screen to the same display resolution but it does not make any difference.

On the lap top I use IE - on the PC I use firefox3

Its very frustrating . :(

Any suggestions are welcome!!

Thanks

Che

Edited by Che

You should be able to download Firefox, then have the option of using Firefox or IE as your browser. Your most likely aware of this, but just in case, here a link to Mozilla for the download; it's free.

I'm guessing that either the laptop is old enough that Firefox isn't supported, or it is a work computer with restrictions on what can be installed.

Few directions to look into:

What about display color quality settings: are they the same for all of your comp?

What version of IE is installed on the comp with poor image quality is seen?

What extension your image has: .jpg, .png, .gif? You can try to save the image for the web in your image editor with higher quality to see if it helps.