two domain names one site

Corinne

what is the best way to do this.

I have two domain names something like nexxconstruction and nexxpainting I want them both to point to nexxconstruction do I need to us a 301 redirect? What is the best way?

And do you have a link to how to do a redirect never done one before there are a bunch out there when I google and just wondering which one is better?

Also the nexxpainting has never been used as a website it is just a domain name they wanted.

thank you,

Corinne

Edited by Corinne

If you are just wanting to redirect a domain only (an empty site) to another domain that does have content, then no, it doesn't hurt your seo because you are not showing duplicate content.

Example:

You have 3 domains:

domain-one.com

domain-two.com

domain-three.com

You want domain-two.com and domain-three.com redirected to domain-one.com.

When users type in domain-two.com or domain-three.com, they will be redirected to domain-one.com thus thats what they will see in the url (domain-one.com)

What will hurt you if you have 3 domains that have the same content but this is not the case with you. You just have one domain with content with the other two being redirected to the first.

ok....

I contacted the hosting company and what they did is park the domain under the main domain. So, if i type in nexx paintingpros(dot)com it goes to nexx generationconst(dot)com but in the url you do see nexxpaintingpros........is this ok or do i want it so that when you type in nexxpaintingpros i should see nexxgenerationconst. I don't want to get in trouble for duplicating content.

They did say they can put it as a sub domain and through the htacess file do a redirect.

thanks for your help,

Corinne