JPEG Graphic Exporting

Sissypeg

I have been designing web pages for a while now uisng a specific host's builder. I am a graphic designer and have been working with vector and bitmap graphics for quite some time. I am coming up on a problem for which I can't seem to find an answer and I'm hoping that someone can give me a resolution.

I am exporting a .jpeg graphic. I am using a background which includes a web safe color (#6699CC) that is the same color as my web page's background. When I upload the graphic, it continually puts a white "box" or lines around the entire perimeter of the graphic and I cannot for the life of me get rid of it. Will this always happen with .jpeg graphic imports?

As many pages as I've ever designed and all the graphics that I've ever used online, this is the first time that I can remember this occurring. I feel certain that I have placed graphics on my pages in the past using this "fake transparent" technique of same color backgrounds but I don't remember coming up on this problem before. I am using Corel Paint for graphics editing and export. I tried using a .gif export too but it just won't give me the graphic clarity I need and the graphic that I have "hanging" off the edge of the banner has a white line around it as well in this format.

I have searched the internet for an entire day and can't seem to find my answer. I'm sure I'm just looking in the wrong place. Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Peggy

Thanks for the reply Ben. This is a link to what I've done so far. I am trying to get the page template set so I can work on the succeeding pages.

The link to the site so far is (and I'm trying to follow rules and regs protocol here so as not to be considered spam) http:// www. vita hoo fand paw .com

The banner is a .jpeg and the two links buttons are actually .gif files. Both file types are putting a white line border around the perimeter. Also, I am not using any CSS yet so I have no CSS code in my page. It is a dog/cat simple page. Please look at the code and you'll see what I mean.

I appreciate any help or suggestions. This project is driving me nuts and I really do want to get it up and running for my customer.

Thanks a MILLION!

Peggy

When zooming into your banner jpeg I can definitely see a border around the whole image. So the issue is in your original file. You may have added some sort of layer effect.

As for the gif files it seems more likely you need to declare "border 0" because links on images usually show a border around them. However your page has no Doctype and does not validate so you might like to check that also.

A few things you can also try:

try export to .png format first just to see if white border still there ( but to make sure, test your page in Firefox as not all IE version support .png transparency).

You can also try to place a rectangle in the background with the web page background color while in Corel before saving for the web.

Further, make sure that in HTML image size is the same as size of the image you created in Corel.

Create HTML page with the dark background color and place only this image to see if the white lines still there (zoom the page in browser).