Killersites Is Now Officially Teaching In K12 Classrooms!

administrator

Hi,

I just wanted to announce that our new interactive video training system (www.studioWeb.com) is now being used by k12 schools to teach students the fundamentals of web design and programming:

• HTML
  • CSS
  • PHP
  • JavaScript

StudioWeb was originally the name my web design & development studio ran under - I registered that name in 1998!

Stef

Hi,

I just wanted to announce that our new interactive video training system (www.studioWeb.com) is now being used by k12 schools to teach students the fundamentals of web design and programming:

• HTML
  • CSS
  • PHP
  • JavaScript

StudioWeb was originally the name my web design & development studio ran under - I registered that name in 1998!

Stef

Congratulations on all of your hard work :)

Here's a funny story related to this - at first I called the system the 'killerSites Tutor' ... and the URL was tutor.killerSites.com. Seemed good enough.

Well, I soon found out there was a problem with the name: a school board was all ready to go with the software and then they realized there was the word 'killer' in the name! Because of that, they could not accept it in the school!

:bash:

Soon enough, another school expressed concern with the word killer ... and so I decided to resurrect my old business name and domain studioWeb.com for this project.

... I think we are safe with this new name!

^_^

Stef

Well, I soon found out there was a problem with the name: a school board was all ready to go with the software and then they realized there was the word 'killer' in the name! Because of that, they could not accept it in the school!

:bash:

Soon enough, another school expressed concern with the word killer ... and so I decided to resurrect my old business name and domain studioWeb.com for this project.

Amazing what happens when political correctness replaces common sense.

• 2 weeks later...
Amazing what happens when political correctness replaces common sense.

Yep. But I can see it from the point of view of the school boards - they don't want the headaches of some irate parents coming into their offices offended.

... So, we do what we can to make their lives easier and everyone is happy!

:clap:

Stef

Since the schools had issues with the word 'killer' in which you were able to overcome...what about the videos themselves? Do they have any instances where it mentions 'killer'? :)

LOL. Don't go there!

That was also a consideration ... but so far, no complaints!

:mellow:

Stefan