Page Displaying Differently!

Graeme

Hello All,

Trying to put a web page together, so far so good. It displays when tested locally and in FF and Chrome but when uploaded there is a big gap at the top but only in IE. A friend just checked for me and he says it's fine on his IE, could it be mine?

It's at www.burnmoorcc.org.uk/2bfit/index.html

Thank you

Graeme

Hey Andrea,

Thanks for this.

I tried validating and I see what you mean about several start/closing tag errors, it's got me confused though! What does

You may have neglected to close an element, or perhaps you meant to "self-close" an element, that is, ending it with "/>" instead of ">".

mean?

My <divs> have got me baffled!

Graeme

The best way I found to make sure that everything is properly closed is to indent the html. Like so:

<div>
	<p> your text
	</p>
</div>

I think this

You may have neglected to close an element, or perhaps you meant to "self-close" an element, that is, ending it with "/>" instead of ">".

may mean that they're wondering if you forgot the slash in a self-closing element - but bottom line is, it's another issue of tags not being properly closed. Doing what i suggested above should reveal and correct the issues.

Not sure - it looks fine with my IE 10.

Btw - your text is hard to read. There is too little contrast between background and your header and regular text color. Either make the fonts darker or the background lighter. Your color scheme is working, but what good is a pretty page that people have trouble reading?