How To Set Up A Responsive Resume (Vcard) With A Ready Template?

marusya

I need tips or how-to-do instructions for seting up a ready template for a responsive online resume. If I buy a template, for example from http://themeforest.net/category/site-templates/personal/virtual-business-card, what I need to do next to put it online. Do I need any CMS? Or how I can manage a template? And how to put it on a web-server? Is any database required?

I am sorry, if this question seems obvious, but I cannot find any information on the topic. If you can give me some advice, I would be really happy. Thanks in advance!

Most if not all of the templates you mentioned are html templates so no CMS is required. No CMS also means no database is required neither. You will need a code editor like Notepad ++ (I use Dreamweaver) to edit the template to make the text and images unique to you. Then you will need a FTP (file transfer protocol) program like Filezilla to upload the template to your web host (for example hostgator.com). Of course you will also need your own domain name that points to your web host (for example namecheap.com)

Everything I mentioned above presumes you are familiar with Html, css, and possibly javascript. If not you will either need to learn it to modify the template or hire someone to do the work for you. Best of luck!