Need Comments On Returning Visits Rates For All-In-One Search Engine : Googlebye.com.

Dukey

Hi guys:

This site ( Googlebye.com ) is mainly a Search Engine with results coming from Google, Bing and Yahoo. It can also be used as a SEO ranking checking tool.

The idea behind this site comes from that I don’t like searching many times on different search engines.

After much hard promotion, I got some traffic to this site. However the returning visits rates keeps a low level of 20%. That means most visitors won’t come back.

I’m quite confused about it so I get to here for your valuable comments like:

Where should I improve for this site ?

Do you feel any obstacles when using it ?

Do you think this type of sites could be a alternate when searching ?

Of course welcome comments not limited to above.

Site: Goog lebye.com [remove space]

Sincerely.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Andrea

Realistically, I don't think it fits a need for most people. When I want to search, I'm looking for something that's quick, easy to use, and gets me the content I want to see -- the results. Searching three search engines at once seems a bit unnecessary to me, and it isn't something I'd personally ever see myself using. When using the site, I feel a bit overloaded by the search results (not your fault, but three different search engine's results seems like too many choices.) I don't know if all of your users would be like me, but I can't see it as a site that anyone would use regularly, unless they specifically needed to do that.

I agree with Ben. If I'm looking for 'crockpot chicken' - I don't need all those many options.

I could see it useful when looking for something rare and specific - cyber-stalking maybe :D, where one might want to check the results of as many spiders as possible to cover a larger area.

Also, I don't like that the result windows require horizontal scrolling. It makes looking at the results a bit cumbersome.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys:

Thanks for your reviews and time on this site. According to your suggestion, I’v made some improvement including:

* Added results from Duckduckgo. Now 4 engines included: Google, Bing, Yahoo and Duckduckgo;

* Turning pages of results;

* Shortcuts of Scrolling to Top and Scrolling to Next Page;

* Search box fixed when scrolling.

* Only two biggest engines displayed when visited for the first time.(So horizontal scrolling disappears.)

Sincerely welcome your dropping in and your comments no matter good or bad.

Edited by Dukey