problems w/ link colors

lkgoldie

Hello to all.

I am new to this site but look forward to all killersites has to offer.

I have taken some classes, studied, and spent way too many hours in front of my computer in my attempt to build my first website. I have been able to troubleshoot all my problems except one! Seems like a silly one but I?ve read everything I could get my hands on, tried all I know for a few days and nothing.

I have 5 links that run along the top of my page. First let me say that they all seem to work fine. My problem is with the colors. 4 of the 5 are anchors (bookmarks ? on same page); the last link is external that goes to another website. All links are blue at first and when you click on them they turn purple but (and here is the problem) all links except the 1 external link does not return to blue when you refresh the page and/or close and reopen the website. For some reason this one link stays purple. Nothing changes if I use CSS ? a: link, a: visited or leave it to the default.-Same problem.

Any help is appreciated.

Yes I agree about it being the browser.

I think the one external link doesn't change back to blue because of the cookies/history...the other links are bookmarks so when refreshed they do change back to blue.

It really isn't a big deal...just trying to get all links to work/look the same.