Option For Clients To Fill In Forms Before Visiting.

bocron

I have a document that all new clients need to fill in, it serves 3 purposes. Gathering general info (name, contact info, dog's name, etc) clarifying any issues (dog's history, behavioral issues, etc) and signing off on rules of the facility. I would like for clients to do one of 2 things, either have access to a pdf that they print, fill out and sign, or have an online form they can fill in the blanks and then it comes to me. I'm guessing there are names for these functions and there are good plugins or something I can use to accomplish this.

I would like opinions on which I should use (I don't have a preference having never offered either) are there problems with each type? That kind of thing. As to the second option, is getting a signature online valid?

I am using Wordpress so will go search their site but wanted opinions here from the learned web peoples :D.

Thanks,

Annette

You want some type of Wordpress Front End Form plugin. Here are a few you may try: WP User Frontend Pro, Front-End Editor, Front End Upload, WP Frontend Uploader, Gravity Forms, Profile Builder, and Ninja Forms.

Online signatures are legal in the US, EU, China, India, Canada and most developed countries. I personally use SignNow.com

You want some type of Wordpress Front End Form plugin. Here are a few you may try: WP User Frontend Pro, Front-End Editor, Front End Upload, WP Frontend Uploader, Gravity Forms, Profile Builder, and Ninja Forms.

Online signatures are legal in the US, EU, China, India, Canada and most developed countries. I personally use SignNow.com

Thanks so much for the help. I've seen Gravity Forms but the rest are all new to me.

Is there a reason to go with a pdf that they print and fill out vs an online form? I personally would prefer to fill out a form online since I can type way faster than I write but I wonder if the general web surfing public does better the other way?

Annette

Truthfully you will always get both kinds, especially when it comes to certain types of information. Some prefer subitting forms online because as you stated it's quicker. Others prefer to fill in a paper form and mail it or submit it in person. They either like the tactility of a paper form, or feel it's more secure than submitting it online. That being said, if you as a buisiness are comfortable handling both hard copy and digital form submissions, give them the option. Otherwise give them the option that best suites your businesses administration procedures. Options are usually better however.

Edited by DesignerSmith

One other question. If I do an online form, how do I receive the filled out form? Do I get it in such a way that I can then print it? I need to have these forms where I can file them in our customer file cabinet(this is a state requirement, we have to attach current veterinary records to these contact forms and be able to produce them if an inspector shows up). I also need to have the forms in hard copy version for their first appointment as I make notes during the consult.

If you use a service like signnow; the client gets a signed copy and you get a signed copy. Some people just save the image for their records or you can print the .pdf and have a hard copy for your records. The choice is yours. :)