Add link to a background image

edoplaza

You unfortunately can't add a link to a background image. Either you'll have to make it a regular image, or perhaps put a transparent gif over the top and link that instead.

Edoplaza and Ben! Look at this and click the logo:-

http://www.wickham43.com/forumposts/edosdaconsultores090807.html

and the CSS file:

http://www.wickham43.com/forumposts/edomain090807.css

look at the two classes bglink1 and bglink2 which have been inserted into the html markup. It's a bit complicated but basically it makes the "a" tag display: block and then moves the link text off-screen to the left so you can't see it.

Yes, the principle of a clickable background-image was working but there was a knock-on effect on adajacent divs.

I've fixed that now by adding position: relative to #top and changing the top position of #toppictures {top: -145px; /*0px;*/ }

I would just do it like this...

Alternatively, this should work, but I couldn't find out why it wasn't. I think it was all the z-indexes you had going on. This would enable the text to be there if images were turned off (and not way off screen). I showed this successfully here (towards the bottom).

edit... Just noticed it's cutting off the height and couple other things in there. Tried wrapping it in code tags and it did not help. It's there in the edit window, but gone in the post...

Edited by Eric