Major CSS issues

joomlavideos

I have been racking my brain all night after seeing how my pages at http://www.j2studio.com/WSS3 have been rendered in IE and FIreFox on the PC and the Mac.

Opera and Safari seem to be ok, but FIrefox will not load the CSS for any pages other than the index.

And IE on the PC is automatically translating the page to Chinese!!!! I have never seen this.

Can anyone shed some light perhaps?

THanks!

Thanks for looking Ben.

I haven't seen Firefox render anything, much less CHinese. But did see Chinese in IE on the PC.

I think it could be a problem with either a number of things:

I am hand coding in Coda, and I had copied and pasted text from PhotoShop and there was a UTF code issue,

I copied and pasted scripts from another web site,

I copied and pasted HTML from an existing site as well.

It's looking like I may have to re-code everything from scratch.

I saw a number of validation errors from W3C html and css validation services, but they were more to do with the jQuery and Flash than anything else. So I am still stumped.

Thanks again!

JJ

Sorry, should have clarified... Firefox is loading the stylesheet, it's just that the stylesheet is in Chinese for some reason.

You may want to double check that your file encoding is set correctly... Try opening up Coda's preferences and using Unicode (UTF8) for file encoding. After, try copying/pasting existing code into a new document and resaving after doing that. It is a bit of a shot in the dark -- I haven't run across this before.

On a Mac I can see the wssHome.css in English, but the cssGlobal.css shows this....

Oh, you must have done something to it as now it is rendering the page correctly on both the Mac and PC, and the wssGlobal.css is now css not html...

Edited by virtual