Help With Web Design

tom24

hey,

i'm interested of building a website for a friend of mine but i'm a real beginner.

i don't have any knowledge but i heard there are many free website builders with a lot of options to design.

so maybe you guys can help me with that and suggest me a few free builders i can try?

I cannot help much with those free wysisyg editors out there. Not sure about others here, as we're mainly doing our own coding. Your best bet might be to pick one and google some reviews.

Alternatively, if you're interested in checking how things work under the hood of webdesign, you may want to look through http://www.how-to-build-websites.com/ for some insight. It's a huge amount of fun.

hey,

i'm interested of building a website for a friend of mine but i'm a real beginner.

i don't have any knowledge but i heard there are many free website builders with a lot of options to design.

so maybe you guys can help me with that and suggest me a few free builders i can try?

It's a good idea to build a website for friend. I will recommend to go with professional web developer rather to opt for free option. It will be less time consuming and also efficient from business point of view.

Edited by Andrea
Link Deleted

....I will recommend to go with professional web developer rather to opt for free option. It will be less time consuming and also efficient from business point of view.

cygnet, considering that this forum is here to help people do things on their own (and not to promote self-serving spam links, either), your advice kind of misses the mark.

@tom: Google squarespace. It's an online tool you might want to look into. Otherwise, I suggest learning web design (htm/css) using Killersites' tutorials.

@cygnet: So far you have been very unhelpful and your main goal to generate customers for your business. Nothing wrong with that but this is NOT the forum to promote your business. This forum's goal is to help those learn to build their own sites.

@Andrea: In my opinion, cygnet needs a wake up call if he/she continues the same path. I'm just saying... :)

It was? I didn't even hear the crack of the whip! :)

In my old days, I've kind of switched to the silent ambush method. I think I'm suffering from PTSD from those SPAM wars I've been fighting around here.

thanks for the help guys!

Eddie, i looked into squarespace and it seems nice. this is the kind of thing i'm looking for. but i want to explore a few more

to find the best website for me. a friend recommended me about imcreator, do you guys know this website builder?

hi..

There are many free website builders available and some of them i mention follow

Wix,Wopop,MOONFRUIT,DoodleKit,Webs,WebStarts,WEB START TODAY,EXAI,JIMDO.

I am going with WIX because it have many features which is help full for beginners. Wix offers three main services, including website design, mobile site design, and customized Facebook fan pages.There are both free and paid versions of the service, allowing customized domain names and removing banner ads. This is my point of view.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again!

I just wanted to tell you that i managed to build my website with imcreator.

i listened to my friend advice, and the building was actually a pretty enjoyable experience.

the design was very easy and fun thanks to a simple drag&drop system, the basic templates look great and the support team answered my questions very quickly. if you want, you can easily build a website in no time.

thanks again guys!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...