Killersites Community
Graeme

E-Newsletters

Hello All,

I help with a web site for my local cricket club and I have been asked to investigate the distribution of an e-newsletter to a database of contact which have built up. Another friend is a member of a golf club and he says their web site does all this for them. Would this feature be built in by the designer? I found Campaign Monitor which looks good but I'm intrigued by any other ways of doing this.

Thank you as always,

Best wishes

Graeme

what are you asking about, the distribution or the email? I dabbled in HTML emails for a bit, and it's quite a challenge. They are totally table and inline styling bases and results vary greatly from email platform to email platform.

Here is a video series that shows you how to build one yourself.

And no it is a developer job not a designer's job. A designer makes things pretty for the user and a developer makes it work.

Hello, thanks to both of you. I wanted to know both design and distribution really and the best way to do both. I'm just curious to know if the Developer! would have included this in the web site package?

Thanks again,

Best wishes

Graeme

It's quite challenging and of-course it's developer job to do it not designers. Video is quite well explained.

Edited by Andrea
Link Deleted