Loading content in div without reloading whole page

bella_3333

Hi

I'm trying to design my portfolio site, the concept I'm going for is basically there be a huge pic ("content 1") centered and below that links.. about me, contact me, web design etc... If i click on (about me-LINK) I want the (content1) to change to (content2) without reloading the page.

How will I be able to achieve this....

Please help :/

Based on the little you're saying (meaning: there's a chance I'm not understanding it correctly) - are you planning on presenting your content as an image? Bad idea - hard to edit, impossible to read for search engines. Not to mention the load problems huge images present. You may want to reconsider and explore better alternatives.

Reloading the same content within a site it not an issue - once it's downloaded, you can look at the same stuff on several pages without having to download again. In order to optimize the site and its maintenance and to avoid having to paste the same parts (like navigation, header, footer, etc) on every page, php Includes are an excellent and easy-to-apply solution.

http://www.idea22.com/video/details/id/200708088306345299